Sausage, Egg & Pimento Cheese Biscuit Sandwich
Ok, ya’ll. I have 7 words for you.
Sausage. Egg. Pimento. Cheese. Biscuit. Sandwish. OMG.
Talk about a southern breakfast fit for a country girl! … or boy … or city folk. Whomever you are, this will be a favorite come sunday morning. Plus, any leftovers can be reheated and enjoyed on your way to work throughout the week.
If you looked up “comfort food” in the dictionary, I’m pretty sure it would show a picture of these babies. However, they’re lightened up by using the “junior” biscuits, 3 eggs spread out between 5 sandwiches, and 1oz of sausage per sandwich is plenty! They’re they prefect size which will leave you feeling satisfied until lunch; not heavy or greasy.
You could easily make everything for this biscuit sandwich from scratch (even use the 2 ingredient dough for the biscuits!), but I needed a little help this week in the meal-prep department. Plus, there’s a local family that makes THE BEST pimento cheese. I could probably make it myself, but I’ll just leave it to the pros.
Sausage, Egg & Pimento Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches
Author: My Skinny Sweet Tooth
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Smart Points per Serving: 9sp
Macros per Serving: 295 calories
19g Fat, 17g Carbs, 13g Protein
• 5 junior jumbo biscuits (I used Kroger brand. Comes in a pack of 5)
• 5 -1oz (uncooked) sausage patties
• 5 tbsp prepared pimento cheese
• 3 eggs
• In a skillet, cook the sausage patties until done. Meanwhile, bake the biscuits according to the package directions. Once they’re cool, cut them in half. Set both aside.
• To prepare the eggs, lightly scramble them and season with salt/pepper. Cook in a skillet (omelette-style) until the eggs are set. Cut the eggs into circles the size of your biscuits. I used a biscuit cutter.
• On the bottom half of the biscuit, layer in this order: sausage, egg, 1 tbsp of pimento cheese, top half of the biscuit. Repeat with the remaining 4 biscuits, using up all the egg evenly throughout the sandwiches.
• These can be served right away or wrapped in parchment then in foil and froze for a later quick-breakfast option. Just remove the foil and place the parchment wrapped sandwich in the microwave for 1 minute or until heated through.