While decorating my house for fall this past week, I wanted to jump right in to all the fall recipes. Even though these cookies don’t have pumpkin (brace yourselves!) it does have some great fall flavors. These remind me of carrot cake AND cinnamon raisin cookies. What’s not to love?
Plus with them being paleo and grain free, consider these cookies HEALTHY! I may even take it to the next level and dip or drizzle some melted coconut butter on top. YUM!
Fall Harvest Cookies
Author: My Skinny Sweet Tooth
Yields: about 2 dozen* cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Smart Points per Serving: 3sp
Macros per Serving: 90 calories
6.2g Fat, 6.1g Carbs, 1.7g Fiber, 2.8g Protein
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce (4oz container)
• 2 cups (224g) of almond flour
• 1/4 cup (35g) coconut flour
• 1/4 cup (48g) coconut sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 cup (50g) grated carrot (excess moisture squeezed out)
• 1/2 cup (50g) grated apple (excess moisture squeezed out)
• 1 -1oz box of raisins
• 1/2 cup (50g) walnuts, chopped
*I got 27 cookies from this batch.
• Preheat oven to 350°F, line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (almond flour + coconut flour + cinnamon + baking powder/soda + sea salt)
• In a separate bowl (stand mixer recommended), whisk together the eggs and applesauce until mixture is light and frothy. Fold in the grated carrot and apple.
• Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together until combined. Fold in the walnuts and raisins.
• Use a small cookie scoop and scoop out the cookies. Press down to form a flat cookie, leave as a “ball”, or use a fork for a peanut-butter-cookie style. (Batter will feel like wet sand but should stick together when pressed.)
• Bake for 15-17 minutes.
• Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in an air tight container. (Fridge or freezer recommended.)
(Recipe adapted from Wholesomelicious)