There’s nothing this dough can’t do. Seriously.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock in the Instagram world, the 2 ingredient dough has finally came back into light after a few years. I have a very old blog post about it but it never took off like I had hoped, but ever since Weight Watchers launched their new FreeStyle Program, people caught on quick and I’m so glad! So what changed?
0% greek yogurt is now 0 smart points! *happy dance*
Everyone has been making it for pizza, calzones, cinnamon rolls, burger buns, pretzels, bagels, EVERYTHING. There’s pretty much nothing this dough can’t do.
When I had tikka masala on the menu this week, I dug through my freezer for my trusty Trader Joe’s Naan. Unfortunately, it was freezer burnt and not the least bit appetizing. I tossed it in the trash and pondered going out for more. It didn’t take long for me to say, “Ummm. Nope. Staying in.” I headed to the pantry, got the self rising flour, greek yogurt and a few basic staples and *BAM!*, 2 ingredient naan bread was born.
It’s almost like this dough was made to be naan because of the chewy texture and tangy flavor from the yogurt. It’s fantastic and only 3sp a piece (compared to 6sp of the ones now buried in my trash can.)
Dinner is going to be soooo good!
#2ingredientdough NAAN Bread
Author: My Skinny Sweet Tooth
Yields: 4 naan
Serving Size: 1 naan
Smart Points per Serving: 3sp
Macros per Serving: 150 calories
0g Fat, 28g Carbs, 9g Protein
1 cup self rising flour (Plus more for dusting)
1 cup 0% greek yogurt
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder (or minced garlic)
1 scallion (light and dark green part), chopped.
• Combine all ingredients into a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook.
• Mix for several minutes until a dough ball forms. (Or mix/knead by hand in a
bowl for several minutes).
• Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
• Meanwhile, separate the dough into 4 pieces.
• Lay out some parchment paper and dust lightly with flour.
• Shape each piece into a thin, oblong/”naan” shape. (Dusting lightly with more flour if needed.)
• Cook them one at a time in the skillet for 2-3 minutes per side.