Starbucks’ Egg Bites … made in the Instant Pot!
Have you ever had the egg bites from Starbucks? If not, let me tell you, they’re silky smooth and light as air. The texture is something like I’ve never had before in an egg. They’re quite delicious. And depending on what else you jam in those little cups, you can start your day any way you’d like. Bacon and chives? Sausage? Veggies? Endless possibilities.
But what’s the best part? The smart point value is so low! Thanks to eggs being 0sp on the new Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, all 7 bites are only 3sp (or 3 for 1sp).
This recipe is for the basic egg bites. Well, a little salt and pepper for seasoning, but that’s just the beginning.
So what’s the science behind these? All I know is that you blitz up some eggs with cheese and greek yogurt to a frothy, silky batter. They’ll steam on the Instant Pot for several minutes and BAM ..sous vide eggs!
Instant Pot Egg Bites
Author: My Skinny Sweet Tooth
Yields: 7 egg bites
Serving Size: 3 egg bites
Smart Points per Serving: 1sp (or all 7 for 3sp)
Macros per Serving: 154 calories
8g Fat, 3g Carbs, 17g Protein
• 3 eggs
• 6 tbsp (75g) 2% cottage cheese
• 6 tbsp (75g) 0% greek yogurt
• 1oz lite mozzarella cheese (I use Trader Joe’s)
• 1/4 tsp sea salt, or to taste.
• Pepper, to taste
• Blend all the ingredients together until light and frothy.
• Spray a 7 hole silicone mold with cooking spray (to prevent sticking) and pour mixture into each hole. (Filling each about 3/4 full).
• Cover the mold loosely with foil and set it on the trivet.
• Pour 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot liner and carefully lower the filled silicone mold into the pot.
• Close the lid, seal the vent and “steam” for 8 minutes with a NPR for 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure, if any.
• Lift out the silicone mold and remove the foil (egg bites will deflate slightly).
• Turn the egg bites over into a plate and enjoy!