This breakfast sandwich is S-T-A-C-K-E-D. Full of Mediterranean flavors like feta, red peppers and cucumber. Good enough for dinner, too!
I’m a fan of starting my day with a bagel sandwich. Bagels used to be my thing pre-WW days and luckily, companies have hopped on the lower point/calorie bagel train and we’re all invited to hop on!
You could use your favorite bagel here. I’m a fan of Western Bagel and tend to use theirs anytime I have a hankering for one. (Get 20% off your order when you use the code “themrskray”). But we’re hear to talk about what goes in between that sliced bagel!
Can anyone tell me where they can get an Everything Bagel stuffed with a feta spread, avocado, cucumber and roast red pepper eggs for 8 smart points and less than 400 calories? Probably not. But I can tell you, you can get one right in your very own kitchen. DELICIOUS!
Mediterranean Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
Author: My Skinny Sweet Tooth
Yields: 1 Sandwich
Smart Points per Serving: 8sp
Macros per Serving: 354 calories
12g Fat, 31g Carbs, 36g Protein, 8g Sugar
• 1 everything bagel (I used Western Bagels)
• 1/4 small cucumber, sliced
• 1/2 (40g) small avocado, sliced
• Roasted Red Pepper Egg:
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
1/2 roasted red pepper, diced
salt and pepper, to taste
• Feta Spread:
1 tbsp greek yogurt
1 tsp (5g) crumbled feta
1 tsp scallion greens, finely chopped
black pepper, to taste
• In a small non stick skillet, pour the in the egg whites, season with salt and pepper.
• Before the eggs are set (think omelette) add diced roasted bell pepper.
• When the eggs are done, set aside.
• Toast bagel and spread the feta mixture on the top bagel half.
• Layer with avocado, eggs, and cucumber.