This time of year when pumpkin rules all things. And I’m totally ok with it.
One of the greatest things that has come out of my Instagram is all the creativity that oozes out of other accounts. For instance, Ginger has come up with the most delicious pumpkin puree concoction that has essentially taken the Weight Watchers community by storm. It’s only 1 smart point for the entire batch. Yes, ENTIRE BATCH. I’ve easily grabbed a spoonful while passing through the kitchen. It’s definitely better than a spoonful of the edible cookie dough hiding out in the fridge.
I’ve altered her recipe just a tad to suite my tastes but you can easily find her original recipe here. The only difference is I omitted the sweetener packets and added vanilla bean powder (which is also totally optional). You can enjoy it as a dip, on top of pancakes or ice cream, blended into a smoothie (freeze in an ice cube tray!), in coffee (I haven’t done this one yet …), but the list is endless! Anyway, I’ve made 4 batches in 2 weeks and highly recommend you make some yourself … then make a batch of these Pumpkin Swirl Ice Cream Cupcakes.
Pumpkin Swirl Ice Cream Cupcakes
Author: My Skinny Sweet Tooth
Recipe Yields: 8 cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Smart Points per Serving: 2sp
Macros per Serving: 61 calories
2g Fat, 11 Carbs, 3 Protein
• 1 pint Vanilla Halo Top Ice Cream
• 20 (53g) Cinnamon & Sugar Cannoli Chips
• 1 tbsp greek yogurt
• 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
• 1.5 tbsp (25g) pumpkin purée*
· 1 can of pumpkin
· 1/4 cup sugar free syrup (I use Joseph’s)
· 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
· 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
· 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder, optional
— Mix/Blend everything together until smooth and combined.
— Keep a jar in the fridge at all times. 🙂
• Let ice cream soften on the counter while you continue with the next step.
• In a ziplock bag, crush the cannoli chips until a crumb like texture.
• Add crumbs to a bowl, mix with greek yogurt and pumpkin pie spice until evenly combined.
• Press about 1/2 tbsp (8g) of the crumbs into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
• Scoop 4 tbsp (32g) of the softened ice cream on top. Smooth out if necessary.
• Top each cupcake with a 1/2 tsp of pumpkin puree and swirl it around with a toothpick.
• Allow them to set/harden in the freezer for an hour.
• Store in an air tight container in the freezer.