It’s taco Tuesday! Why wait until lunch or dinner to celebrate this weekly tradition?
I’ve taken my favorite protein pancake recipe and turned it into taco shells that hold all my favorite parfait goods. Stuffed with Greek yogurt, fruit salsa, and granola, I’ve got a complete breakfast that’s quick and easy for a Tuesday morning or an incredibly fun way to kick off the weekend.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3! … and 4! (Because step 4 is the best part, obviously).
Step 1: Make pancakes.
Step 2: Fill with yogurt.
Step 3: Top with anything and everything.
Step 4: Devour.
See, it’s easy!
Parfait Pancake Tacos
Author: My Skinny Sweet Tooth
Yields: 3 tacos
Smart Points per Serving: 6sp
Macros per Serving: 360 calories
4g Fat, 44g Carbs, 38g Protein
• 1/4 cup (28g) dry pancake mix (I use Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Mix)
• 1 scoop (23g) protein powder (I use Tone It Up Vanilla)
• 3 tbsp liquid egg whites
• enough water for pancake consistency (depends on which protein powder is used)
Filling & Toppings:
• 1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt
• fruit “salsa” (diced strawberries, mango and blueberries)
• 1 tbsp granola
• To make pancakes, mix pancake ingredients into a bowl.
• Heat a skillet on medium high heat and make 3 pancakes, spreading the mix out to make thinner, foldable “shells”.
• When the pancakes are done, divide the greek yorgurt between the 3 tacos.
• Add fruit salsa and sprinkle with granola.