Next week is officially fall, but with the warmer temps leading up to it, these refreshing lemon ice cream cupcakes are sure to send summer off on the right foot!
I actually have several versions of these ice cream cupcakes comin’ at ya in the next few posts; there are more in my head that I want to get out as well. With only 2 smart points/50-60 calories each, I have room to play and experiment for you all. But of course, I always encourage you to come up with some rad combos yourself! (and let me know what you create!).
There’s a new product that I’m in LOVE with. On my Instagram, you’ll see that I use them a lot. They make the perfect sweet treat and they’re unbelievably good when paired with ice cream. And we all know which low point ice cream I like using. HA! This new love of mine are Cannoli Chips. Right now, they come in 3 flavors: Powdered Sugar, Cinnamon & Sugar, and Cookies & Cream. They can be found at places like Walmart, Target and even Amazon (get 20% off your order of a case when you use the promo code “MRSKRAY2”).
For this treat, I used the powdered sugar ones. Pair that with Halo Tops lemon cake ice cream and you can see why it’s the perfect summer-send-off!
Here’s a little tip that I use to make no-bake crust: instead of combining the crumbs with butter or oil, I like to use greek yogurt. Same concept but with added protein and slashes the points and calories. Heck. Yes. I also use silicone cupcake liners. It makes devouring these things with ease. They pop right out!
Berry-licious Ice Cream Cupcakes
Author: My Skinny Sweet Tooth
Recipe Yields: 8 cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Smart Points per Serving: 2sp
Macros per Serving: 59 calories
2g Fat, 11 Carbs, 3 Protein
• 1 pint Lemon Cake Halo Top Ice Cream
• 20 (53g) Powdered Sugar Cannoli Chips
• 1 tbsp greek yogurt
• Fruit of choice
• Let ice cream soften on the counter while you continue with the next step.
• In a ziplock bag, crush the cannoli chips until a crumb like texture.
• Add crumbs to a bowl, mix with greek yogurt until evenly combined.
• Press about 1/2 tbsp (8g) of the crumbs into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
• Scoop 4 tbsp (32g) of the softened ice cream on top. Smooth out if necessary.
• Top each cupcake with a piece of fruit.
• Allow them to set/harden in the freezer for an hour.
• Store in an air tight container in the freezer.