It’s finally spring! And here’s a bowl of flavors to prove it.
This salad has everything that reminds me of springtime. Greens, beets, juicy fruit, creamy morsels of cheese. Makes a perfect lunch and pairs beautifully with a grilled chicken breast or seared salmon. I, personally, don’t think it needs dressing because the berries release their natural juice for moisture, but feel free to add what you like!
Golden Beet Salad
• 1 golden beet, cooked/steamed, diced
• 1 large handful of spinach
• 2 ribs of kale, stems removed
• 1/2 cup or so of blackberries (strawberries or blueberries would work well, too)
• 1/2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
• 1 tbsp pistachios
*Add grilled chicken or salmon for protein (and added smart points, of course)
- In a serving dish, massage kale leaves with a bit of sea salt and a mist of olive oil. (This will soften the kale).
- Add spinach to the kale and top with diced/sliced beets, blackberries, goat cheese and pistachios.