Holy moly. Holy cannoli. I absolutely love a good cannoli, yet they’re so hard to find. Either they’re too sweet, stale, too “gritty” or bleh. I finally found a few places here in town that makes a great cannoli. They’re the mini ones, but that doesn’t matter. It gives me an excuses to have two. 😉
The cannoli craving comes far too often for me to have these on hand or to travel to Whole Foods or Earth Fare every time it hits. No one has time for that!
So like clockwork one day, the craving hit. I looked online for how to make cannolis. Come to find out I’d have to order the cannoli tube or have the pre-made shells shipped. Ugh, this is too difficult. I needed something easy and super simple so when I wanted some, I can whip some up in no time.
They’re not fancy, but they get the job done. Graham crackers are a FANTASTIC substitute for the crunchy counterpart. (Cinnamon graham crackers are excellent as well!) And the filling? Just as perfect as the ones I buy. And FYI, I prefer to use the full fat ricotta. I tried it with the fat free and it severely lacked the creaminess cannoli filling should have, and honestly, it’s worth it.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! XO
• 2 graham cracker sheets, broke in half (4 pieces total)
• 2 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
• 1 tsp powdered sugar
• splash of pure vanilla extract
• 12 chocolate chips OR 1/2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
• Mix the ricotta, powdered sugar, and vanilla together in a small bowl.
• Spread mixture evenly onto the graham cracker squares.
• Top with chocolate chips (3 on each square)