A little weary with kimchi? Well, those fermented pieces cabbage and peppers make this “fried” rice insanely delicious. Spicy, sour, and down-right irresistable. Trust me. This is one of those “don’t knock it until you try it” situations. OH, and one of my favorite things … it takes less than 5 minutes to make.
(But first, here’s some info about the good-for-your-gut stuff. Make yourself acquainted if you’re unfamiliar.)
Kimchi Fried Rice
• 10 oz cooked brown rice
• 8-10 mushrooms, sliced
• 2 medium zucchinis (optional)
• 2 scallions, chopped
• 8-10 oz kimchi (make your own or it’s in the cold section of a local grocery or asian market)
• soy sauce/liquid aminos (optional)
• runny egg (optional add-in)
• avocado (optional add-in)
• kale/spinach (optional add-in)
• In a small, oil sprayed skillet, sauté the white/nearly white part of the scallion with the sliced mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are almost soft, then add other hard veggies (zucchini).
• Add in kimchee and cook until heated through.
• (optional: add spinach or kale and cook until wilted down)
• Toss in the cooked brown rice and combine everything.
• Once everything is all happy and hot, divide into 4 equal portions.
• Top with the green parts of the scallion, soy sauce/aminos, a runny egg (highly recommended!), avocado … anything your little “fried” rice heart desires.