My blog is almost 3 months old AND I just published my 52nd post yesterday. My how time flies!
She’s growing up so fast and I couldn’t be happier with how things are progressing. She’s helped me find my passion with a hobby that also helps inspire others. A true blessing, nonetheless. When starting this journey, I had no idea that one could win awards, let alone have fellow bloggers nominate me. ME?! People read my blog?! How exciting! This just reassures me that I’m doing something good with my time.
So, without further adieu,
many GREAT thanks to Rebecca of Sprinkle with Sage for thinking of little ‘ol me for this award; such an awesome feeling 🙂 & if you haven’t been to her page, you MUST! Chocolate-covered pretzel milkshake? That’s right!! & that’s just her latest post! 😉
After doing some research (I am a newbie after all) I found that to accept the Liebster Award, I will do the following:
State 11 random facts about me
Answer 11 questions from Rebecca
Nominate other fellow bloggers & post 11 questions for them to answer.
Done. and done. 🙂
11 Random Facts:
1. I am a full time licensed massage therapist.
2. My first time roasting vegetables was a month or so ago. Out of the loop, I know, but I’m making up for it now! Carrots, beets, anything!
3. I go to 3 (sometimes 4) different grocery stores to get everything I need every week.
4. My dream vacation would be a week (or longer) in Bora Bora with my husband. Yeah, we should just move there 😛
5. I am completely ok with having just a
big bowl of cereal for a meal. I love cereal. Oh so much.
6. It drives me absolutely crazy when someone doesn’t scrape out ALL of the batter or whatnot out of the bowl. Cooking shows are the culprits. Such a waste 😛
7. I say “wed-nes-day” to myself when writing it out. I helps. hehe.
8. Geography is my worst subject … along with politics.
9. Chocolate and marshmallow are my favorite food combinations. S’more? You betcha. Anything and everything s’more-ified!
10. OH! I also love anything coconut. Mmm, coconut … coconut s’mores?? omg.
11. My husband and I have been together for 7 years and we’ve never had a fight. Misunderstandings & disagreements, yes. Sleep in the other room, never.
Rebecca’s questions for me:
1. How long ago did you start your blog and why?
It was late March of this year. When my husband started night shift, I needed a hobby. I love to cook (weight watcher friendly meals). I also have an instagram account where a couple girls encouraged me to start a blog to post my recipes.
2. If you could be a princess, (real or fictional) who would you be? Why?
Princess Merida. She lives in Ireland and has the best accent!
3. What’s a favorite baking or cooking memory?
When I think of a fond food memory, it’s my grandmas chocolate cake with pecans. For birthdays, she’d make it and I would have that cake, vanilla ice-cream and milk in a bowl. It was soo sooo good mixed together. The milk would crystalize from the ice-cream being extremely cold. It was perfection.
4. Essential tool for your kitchen?
My digital kitchen scale. I can’t live without it. I use it multiple times a day.
5. What camera do you use for your food photography and how have you learned to use it so well?
My Iphone 4S. The “point and shoot” technique works quite well 😉 Also, lighting makes a HUGE difference.
6. What’s a pet feature of your dream kitchen?
Lots and lots of counter space. Oh, and a walk-in pantry!
7. What are some guilty pleasures of yours?
When my husband and I are going out to dinner (or even running errands), we’ll turn the classical music station on the radio. It puts us in a whole other world. I love it.
8. If you had to pick, treehouse or underground fort?
Tree house! Remember, lighting makes a difference. haha!
9. Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate all the way!
10. How old were you when you started messing around in the kitchen?
Messing around? lol I remember dipping my fingers in the cheez whiz jar when I was 7 or so. My mom always hated that. Does that count?
11. What’s your dream for your blog?
Oh goodness. I started this blog as a hobby without any main goal in sight. However, I do like to dream. So, I’d love for my blog to be known and helpful, especially in the Weight Watchers circuit.
Now, my wonderful nominees:
(I know some of you have received this award before, but you’re still rocking it and deserve another 😉
1. HALEY of SpeakLyfe
2. An Edible Life
3. LORI of Creating Beauty in the Kitchen
4. My Southern Flavors
5. MIMI of Chef Mimi Blog
6. Simple Cooking Recipes
7. LILY of Little Sweet Baker
8. SARAH of Sarah’s Kitchen
9. Eating Well Diary
10. APRIL of The Thin Kitchen
11. DIVYA of Yum’e’licious
Questions for the nominees:
1. What is one meal you never get sick of?
2. What is your biggest pet peeve?
3. Favorite cereal.
4. Early bird or night owl?
5. What food or kitchen technique/tool intimidates you?
6. What foods do you ALWAYS have on hand?
7. Favorite TV series.
8. What decade would you like to live in?
9. What’s your ultimate pizza toppings?
10. What magazine subscriptions do you currently have?
11. If there was one thing on MY blog that you’d make tomorrow, what would it be? 😉